Sooth’s review and range demo of the 5lb 2A Armament BLR-16 rifle. Optics used during the range demo include the Trijicon MRO and a Vortex 1-6 riflescope.
2A Armament BLR-16 Rifle:
- LOWER RECEIVER – CNC machined 7075-T6 billet with flared mag-well, hard coat type-III anodized, rear tensioning screw, rear takedown spring retainer, screw in bolt catch pin.
- UPPER RECEIVER – CNC machined 7075-T6 billet “slick side” mil-spec port door, retained port door rod (No E-clip to lose!) M-4 feed ramps, machined indexing marks.
- BOLT AND CARRIER – 8620 machined body with QPQ process, 9310 machined bolt, cryogenically treated , MPT, QPQ process, BCM-mod4 charging handle.
- BARREL – 16″ Pencil profile, 416-R stainless steel, mid-length gas system, 5.56 NATO spec chamber, 1 in 8 twist, 1/2×28 thread, QPQ process, titanium gas block.
- RECEIVER EXTENSION – Mil-spec 6-position 7075-T6, standard H-Buffer.
- HANDGUARD – 15″ 6061 extruded BL-RAIL, M-LOK, or KeyMod, titanium barrel nut.
- MUZZLE DEVICE – Titanium T3 compensator, suppressor mount, timed with steel shims.
- STOCK/GRIP – MAGPUL MIAD Grip, Mission First minimalist stock.
- LOWER PARTS – Mil-spec safety, magazine catch, bolt catch, through drilled titanium takedown pins.
- TRIGGER – ALG-ACT trigger group with optional light or heavy hammer spring.
- WEIGHT – 5.0 pounds based on options.
- Ships with one MAGPUL P-MAG and die cut foam box